2014/02/14

You're Ugly And I Like You

sehun + you | ~2.2k | humour, fluff, romance, silly love story that's not funny

When you receive insulting valentines cards.

[read my other Valentine's Day Special] Why Baekhyun hates Valentine's Day



"Okay. This is enough. Who did this?"
Everyone in the hallway turned their faces in my direction and looked at me weirdly.
I don't understand why because clearly I was in the position to look weirdly at them.

Someone had been sending me the weirdest valentines cards ever in the past couple of days. You'd think the letters were cute because the cards are pink and have cheesy pictures of teddies on them. But inside it always said something like: "Have you taken a look in the mirror yet? You are so ugly, even you yourself would turn blind." Or: "I don't know why I even bother to tell you how ugly you are, your ugliness clearly messes with my head."

"If this is supposed to be romantic, I am so gonna punch that idiot in the face", I angrily mumbled under my breath, furiously ripping the stupid pink card into hundreds of tiny little pieces.
"Ugly, my ass. The person who chooses stupid teddy bear cards must be ugly as hell."

I didn't notice how the person I hated the most approached from behind.
"He probably chose them because they resemble you."

I quickly turned around to glare at the boy who was casually leaning against the locker next to mine, a cocky smirk playing around his lips.
"Sehun, I am not in the mood right now. Move your arrogant ass and annoy someone else but not me", I spat back, closed my locker with a loud bang and put the shredded valentines card into the bin on my way to class.

"Fierce", the tall blonde boy muttered and followed behind.


Oh Sehun was the most annoying and arrogant person I have ever met. We were in the same year and unfortunately it seemed that I was stuck with him in every class this year.
"Oh come on, don't give me that look", he complained after he took his seat and was rewarded by my death glare for sitting to close to me. "I'm sure even you can look quite decent with that ugly face of yours", he said without even changing his facial expression. He always wore that stoic mask and I wondered if he had ever genuinely smiled and acted like a nice person before in his life.
His insult just made my death glare intensify, though I couldn't keep up yelling death wishes at him in my head because our teacher entered the room to start the class.


School was finally over for today and with a relieved exhale I made my way down the hallway to my locker. I punched in the passcode, only to slam it close right away. I swiftly turned around, intently eyeing the corridors to my left and to my right. Where is this guy hiding? He had to be around somewhere. How can anyone be so fast to get here after being dismissed from class?
Not having spotted anyone suspicious, I turned around again to unlock my locker again and pull out the pink valentine's card with an ugly bear on it and a speech bubble that read: "Will you be my Valentine?"

"Hell no!" I yelled, slamming my locker closed for a second time, and marched out of the school building.


"Hey there, ugly duck!"
It seems like the world just hated me.

Oh Sehun was leaning against the waist high brick wall in front of the school building, his hands hidden in his pockets, that never faltering uninterested arrogant look on his face.
I groaned. "What do you want from me, Oh Sehun? Noona has no time to play with you", I said, completely ignoring him as I walked past him to get to the parking lot.
The tall boys expression darkened as a response.

Ever since I coincidentally found Oh Sehun's student ID at the library he must have lost there and found out that I was actually two months older than him, I always used this information to mock him. And I did not feel bad about it one bit. Somehow I had to get back at him for calling me rude names and insulting me on a daily basis.

Suddenly a rough hand wrapped itself around my wrist and I was abruptly yanked around. Surprised I let out a little yelp and glared at a dangerous looking Sehun.
"Careful or you might get even more wrinkles on your face glaring like that", he said in a menacing tone.

"Get your hands off me, dongsaeng", I replied in the lowest voice I could manage, putting an emphasis on the last word and trying to not let myself get intimidated by him.

A smirk formed at the corner of his lips again which made my eyes dart down at his mouth for a split second.
"You're quite sassy for your age."

Finding his ID card and finding out about his true age brought also a disadvantage for me along - he knew that I was older. Even though I could mock him a lot about being younger and therefore having to show some respect towards me, he was confident and daring enough to use this piece of information against me as well.

"Let go", I said angrily, trying to free my wrist somehow and escape his tight grip.
"I don't have time for your childish games now."

I felt how he softened his hand around my wrist a little, but it wasn't enough to pull my hand out of his grip.
"Well, then let's continue to play later", he said with such a firm voice that didn't leave any room for me to protest.

When he realised I wasn't trying to get away anymore, he smiled. That smile would haunt me in my dreams for years now.
"Great. See you at 6. I'll pick you up."

And in a second he disappeared and I stood there all alone on the parking lot, rubbing my aching wrist.


It was scary how I couldn't think about anything else other than Oh Sehun coming to pick me up tonight. It made me so nervous, I just didn't know what to think of it or of him.
Is this supposed to be a date anyway? Or why did Sehun want to meet me? Of all days he could have chosen it had to be Valentine's Day!
And the stupid cards from unknown that already piled up on my desk didn't make it any better.

I decided dreading the time to come around wouldn't help and put on my coat to go for a walk in town. I was passing several cafes which all looked so comfy and warm and inviting and I wished I could just sit down in one of the booths, drink a nice cup of coffee and forget about Oh Sehun.

When I turned around a corner, I had to stop in my tracks and quickly hid behind a brick wall in a little ally. What was Oh Sehun doing in town?

Across the street was the blonde boy leaving a store that sold decorations and art supply. I intently looked him over and tried to make out whether there was anything suspicious about him or this situation. Then I spotted something in his hands that made me nearly yell. I shut my mouth though and kept observing what happened in front of me.
Sehun was reaching inside his pocket, retrieving a pen out of his coat. He found a surface, the brick wall of the store he just left, to write on and opened a pink card. Leaning on the wall and concentrating on not making a spelling mistake, Sehun finished writing his letter, stuffed it in an envelope and threw it in the nearby mail box.

Was he being serious? He was the guy who put those stupid and unfunny cards in my locker and now he even sent them to my house?

I was so furious about this, that I couldn't hold myself back anymore.
"Oh Sehun, stop right there!" I yelled across the street and people started turning around to look at who was yelling as if a catastrophe just happened. Sehun included.
The blonde boy looked quite shocked to see me walking straight towards him, a grim expression on my face, mentally preparing the longest and angriest rant I had ever had to deliver.

"WHAT-"

"Stop yelling, old lady."

"Excuse me???" I just caught Oh Sehun in the act of sending me the most insulting valentines cards ever and he dared to speak to me like that. "I forbid you that tone, brat! Would you offer me an explanation? Why for God's sake have you been sending me those stupid cards? And why the hell were you calling me ugl-"

I was interrupted in the middle of my rant in the most blunt way ever.

Oh Sehun was kissing me. Straight on my lips.

And I didn't know what to do. I completely freaked out inside but couldn't move. My eyes were probably as big as footballs but I still couldn't do nor say anything because Oh Sehun was freaking kissing me on my mouth.

"Wow, that was the shittiest kiss I have ever had", Sehun said immediately after he stopped pressing his lips on mine.

Still being in a state of shock, I couldn't quite find the right words to say. Bringing my hand up to my mouth and touching my lips, the whole situation settled in.

"What the hell, Oh Sehun?! If this is supposed to be some freaking joke, it's not funny!" I yelled and I bet everyone in the street was staring at us by now. Oh God, the whole town must have witnessed Sehun kissing me.

"Chill, you're making a scene", he replied, scratching his head and silently sending apologetic looks at all the people who kept staring at me, still completely freaking out about the kiss.

"YOU CAN'T JUST FREAKING KISS ME, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, DO YOU ALWAYS GO AROUND AND KISS PEOPLE ON THE LIPS??"

"No, only the ugly ones", he muttered under his breath and sent another apology to a mother with two little kids, looking terrified.

"ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS, YOU-"

"Okay, would you just shut up, so I can explain this?" I shut my mouth and expectantly looked at him. "Thank you."
I waited for him to explain but what was supposed to turn into a conversation, turned into a staring contest, or more like a glaring contest.
It felt like hours until Sehun's mask broke.
"Ugh what have I done!" He kept angrily ruffling his hair. "I don't even know why I did all of this, okay? I don't know why! Every time I look at you I just think how ugly you are and wonder what kind of blind guy would even date you but then I fucking smile when I look at your concentrated face in calculus class and it just makes me pull my hair out!"

Wow, confused Oh Sehun, literally pulling his hair out, was fun and painful to watch at the same time.

"Okay... so what are you trying to tell me because I don't quite get it?" I said, raising my eyebrows at the boy in front of me who tried smoothing his blonde hair down.

He let out a sigh and for the first time ever there wasn't anything like hate or arrogance in his eyes when he looked at me.

"I'm still trying to figure this out but all I know is that you're ugly and I like you."

After minutes had passed I couldn't hold it in any more.
"Wow, that was the shittiest confession I have ever received", I laughed loudly.
Sehun scowled and crossed his arms. "Shut up."
But I kept laughing because everything seemed so funny to me.
"Shut up, grandma!"

Those stupid valentines cards, Sehun trying to act all grown up and arrogant when he's just confused by his feelings. It was quite endearing and fluttering, but I still couldn't stop chuckling.

I should have stopped, though, because now a pair of lips were pressing on mine again, only softer than before.

Sehun had his eyes closed, a small angry frown on his face, while he was kissing me, making me stop laughing.
Although he was the most arrogant guy on earth, he also seemed quite cute, being all flustered and embarrassed.
A small smile found its way on my face. I closed my eyes and began kissing Sehun back. Only now I noticed how warm and soft but firm and perfect Sehun's lips felt moving against mine.

After kissing for what felt like an hour we breathlessly parted and I hadn't noticed I was gripping his shoulders all the time, my legs feeling wobbly.

"Wow", we both mumbled.

"Best kiss ever", Sehun whispered with a tiny smile gracing his lips.

"Yep, I still have to teach you some manners, though", I glared at him.

That typical smirk was back in only a few seconds. "How about I teach you some other nice things?"

... What have I gotten myself into...

No comments:

Post a Comment